Best answer

Twilio test fails “From phone number is not a valid, SMS-capable inbound phone number or short code for your account”

• 9 September 2021
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1

I setup a brand new Twilio account and bought a American phone number, when I selected the Twilio account in Zap, it shows +1832xxxxxxx correctly, but when I do the test, it gave me a error message below:

The app returned "The From phone number +673371005226235533 is not a valid, SMS-capable inbound phone number or short code for your account

Can somebody help >?

Thank you 

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 9 September 2021, 01:30

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @SYECLLC 

I'm Seeing an "The 'From' number is not a valid phone number, shortcode, or alphanumeric sender ID" Error

The first thing to check here is that the Alphanumeric SenderID is enabled in Twilio. Twilio’s guide on How to get an Alphanumeric Sender ID details how to check whether this feature has been enabled in your Twilio account.

The next thing to check is whether you’re sending messages to countries that support Alphanumeric Sender IDs. The US for example does not support Alphanumeric Sender IDs. See details of International support for Alphanumeric Sender ID here

If neither of the above applies then it could be that the Alphanumeric Sender ID has been blacklisted. You’ll need to reach out to Twilio’s support team to verify if this is the case.

Userlevel 1

Can I email you ?

Userlevel 1

Hi @SYECLLC 

I'm Seeing an "The 'From' number is not a valid phone number, shortcode, or alphanumeric sender ID" Error

The first thing to check here is that the Alphanumeric SenderID is enabled in Twilio. Twilio’s guide on How to get an Alphanumeric Sender ID details how to check whether this feature has been enabled in your Twilio account.

The next thing to check is whether you’re sending messages to countries that support Alphanumeric Sender IDs. The US for example does not support Alphanumeric Sender IDs. See details of International support for Alphanumeric Sender ID here

If neither of the above applies then it could be that the Alphanumeric Sender ID has been blacklisted. You’ll need to reach out to Twilio’s support team to verify if this is the case.

This one work.!!!!!!! Remove the AS ID and works!!

Appreciated