Best answer

Trying to toggle a checkbox on table when a new record is added in another table in the same base

• 28 July 2020
  • 1 reply

I have a tank table and a tank ticket table.

The ticket table has a relationship setup that way users can pick which tank a ticket belongs to.

When the ticket record is created I would like to set a flag on the tank table to show a ticket has been opened.

Every time I do this the zap will work in testing but only for the row that I do it for.  The zap will also work for other new records when I manually process it.  It seems as if the trigger only works on manual processing or trigger testing.

I have tried two types of zaps

(1) new record > (2) search for existing record from step one’s tank key > (3) update tank key ticket flag to 1

I also tried new record triggers update  (skipping the search)

icon

Best answer by Liz_Roberts 30 July 2020, 19:50

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @bfmlogos ,

Thanks for reaching out! To get the best answer here, I believe the Support team would need to look at your specific configuration/Trigger and troubleshoot further.

You can contact them here and someone will take a look at your specific Zap configuration just as soon as they can and get you squared away!