Question

Trying to create Calendar events in Google Calendar from Rezdy(online booking system)

• 24 April 2023
  • 4 replies

I rent beach gear to vacationers where we deliver and pickup the items from thier rental units. The online reservation system I use to allow people to book online (Rezdy) does not have a proper calendar view for me to see what is being rented out and where. I am trying to use Google Calendar to remedy this issue. I can easily zap all the information over to Google Calendar but its super unclear:

I added a Formatter step in between Rezdy and Google Calendar in the form of : Line Itemizer (create/append/prepend), and when I test this it works just how I want it to:

When I go to add the Formatter in the description it does not show like this:

Selecting the output of the formatting I did, looks the exact same as the original outcome on google calendar:

Is there a step I am missing here? Does google calendar not allow formatted items? Any type of help or guidance on how to get a nice calendar view would be amazing. Thanks in advance. 

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hi @Carolina Salt 

Welcome to the Community! I'm sorry you’re having trouble with your Zap.

It seems like you’re on the right track. However, your Zap has a multi-step Zap that requires a paid plan. I wonder what Zapier plan you have?

Hey Brem, 

I am currently in just the testing phase to see if this will be a solution to my problem before purchasing a Zapier plan. That is a very good thought though. Do you think that is the only thing that would not be allowing it to complete its task? if so I will purchase and hope it fixes it. Here is a screen shot of my current zap multi-step to see if i may have made mistakes along the way:

Path A:

Path B:

Thanks again for any guidance ya have! much appreciated :) 

Update: I bought the starter subscription which allows multi-step zaps, but nothing has changed… the output when I format the info is perfection, when I select the output for the zap it is still in its pre-formatted view:

I am at a brick wall, especially since i just dropped like $250 on this to see if that was the problem. Any guidance would be great. thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey there, @Carolina Salt! Thanks for sharing those screenshots and describing them in detail - super helpful!

Hmm, so I think the Formatter step is outputting everything as line items but I believe the GCal description events field only supports strings.

I wonder if we may have more luck getting the formatting we want with the Line Item - Text Formatter feature instead. Here’s a guide my teammate Nick wrote up on using that feature that may be useful!

Do you think that could work? Keep us posted!