I have a zap workflow for Airtable where the trigger is “New or Updated Record in Airtable”. The Airtable database is composed of customers’ information (names and other relevant information). The zap is triggered once a new entry is made/updated and sends an email to our staff notifying of this update.
Currently, the workflow is as follows:
- One of our employees creates a new entry in Airtable with only the customer’s First and Last Name
- Airtable creates a form that we then sent to the customer to be filled out by them with the remaining information required
- The zap is triggered and sends us a notification email notifying of the creation of the record, creates a new folder in Google Drive and the relevant Google Doc.
- Our client fills in the form which updates their Airtable entry with the missing info
- The zap runs once again sending a notification email and creating a second Google Doc in the relevant folder with the missing information filled out.
What I am wondering is:
- We want to remove step number 2. That is, we only want to receive an email notification and for the Google Doc to be created once the Airtable Record is updated externally by our Customer.
- Currently, we have to delete the first notification email after we create the record and also the first Google Doc as it is incomplete. This is an extra step that we would like to eliminate in order to further streamline the workflow.
- Is there a way to make so that an Airtable “New or Updated Record in Airtable” trigger only runs when a record is updated and not both when created then updated?
Thank you for your time and for reading this rather length and messy description :)
Best answer by Troy TessaloneView original