Best answer

Suddenly Zap triggered a ton of times??

• 25 August 2020
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1

I made a small change to a Zap (maybe the 4th or 5th step in a flow to look something up based on a different field) and then went back to Task History to make sure I hadn’t interrupted anything in progress, and suddenly found that it had been triggered 30 or 40 times, at exactly the same timestamp. There’s nothing I changed that should have kicked those off. (The trigger event is a form in JotForm that sees maybe 5-20 submissions in an entire day. Nothing should trigger 30-40 times in one second.) Fortunately they all hit an error - but what caused that? I’m really concerned about creating junk data with this integration so I’d like to know what might have happened. Thanks for any ideas!

icon

Best answer by nicksimard 4 November 2020, 22:21

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

The Zapier Trigger will execute for each item returned to the trigger.  Is it possible the trigger sent more than one item?  When you look at the Task history for the ones with the same date/time, are they identical or different items?

David

Userlevel 1

Thank you for this! 

They’re identical items, and items that were sent 1-3 days ago. There were no new triggers - When I look at the trigger (JotForm) there were no triggers at the time of this weird event. There were valid triggers in the minutes before and after - but the set of ~40 were all initiated at the same day/hour/minute with no apparent trigger from outside of Zapier.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @ESF!

I see that you’d contacted our Support team and they determined you were being affected by a bug at the time, which has since been resolved. Please let us know if you’re still running into this problem, but I suspect you should be good now :)