Best answer

Submitting Webflow Checkbox Values to Mailchimp Interest Groups

• 2 March 2020
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 1

Mailchimp has an 'Interest Groups' Feature that allows users to opt-in to specific email topics.

I'm looking to use Zapier to connect a checkbox value from Webflow (boolean) to Mailchimp's Interest Groups.

Ideally, a user will be able to select any variation of 5-6 email groups upon subscribing.

I tried testing this out using Paths, but I'm running into some issues.

I am pretty sure I should be able to do this using Zapier - but checkbox values are not sending over the proper data to Mailchimp.

I set it up, such that when the checkbox value in Webflow was TRUE - it'd set the proper Group value in Mailchimp. This worked for the 1st group selected using Paths, but then it would not allow any of the other checkboxes to register as-expected, as I am assuming paths follow OR logic and don't run through each path.

I'm also not convinced that Paths is the best solution for me here, since it limits the number of paths to 3.

Any other guidance on how I can configure my zap to send this data properly? I tried using custom fields from Webflow, but those don't seem to work either.

Screenshot 2020-03-02 15.58.34.pngScreenshot 2020-03-02 16.02.17.pngScreenshot 2020-03-02 16.03.20.png

I'll attach a few screenshots of the set-up.

icon

Best answer by AndrewJDavison_Luhhu 3 March 2020, 10:47

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi @nickgio

So, a couple of things here:

1. Any/all paths where their filter conditions pass, will run - so you should be able to set up a path monitoring each tickbox and any that pass TRUE will run.
  2. The 3 paths limit is a soft limit and if you email support they'll raise it for you on a case-by-case basic (upping to 6 paths won't be an issue).

You can open a ticket here: https://zapier.com/app/contact-us