Best answer

Sub-Zap lookup returns "missing sample data" when a field is blank

• 13 April 2021
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1

I’m glad to see this new option, I can see how this functionality might really come in handy! I am running into an issue though, while setting up a few test sub-zaps.

I have one set up to look up and return data from a Google Sheet. When a column is empty , the sub-zap output/return value comes back as “missing sample data”. If I have a zap that uses the data from the sub-zap to update another system and the data isn’t available, I don’t want it to update that field in my system with “missing sample data” which is what it is doing so far in my tests.

I had considered using the Utility formatter table look up, but this doesn’t and won’t happen on just one specific data field, it can happen on several which would require a formatter step for each potential field that could possibly come back blank. 

Is there a way that I’m not seeing to remove or change this response so that when the data is transferred it either has the relevant data (if it exists) or is blank (if it doesn’t)?

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 14 April 2021, 16:23

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @AshleighDLC 

Are you testing manually with the Zap OFF or automatically with the Zap ON?

Try testing with the Zap ON and checking your Zap Runs history details.

I think the “missing sample data” is a quirky result of testing manually.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@AshleighDLC 

This issue should now be fixed per the recent comments in this topic:

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Hey @AshleighDLC, hope you’re well, I just wanted to check in here!

Were you able to get things up and running with the information from Troy or is there anything we can do to help?