Question

Squarespace commerce subscriber to Klaviyo

• 31 March 2023
  • 4 replies

Hi, 

I'd like to connect a new subscriber acquired through a Squarespace Commerce transaction to a new subscriber in Klaviyo. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. 

Thank you very much.

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey @sneakylittlerussian, welcome to the Community!

It doesn’t look like there’s currently any Squarespace triggers for new subscriptions orders. I spotted that we’ve got a feature request for the ability to trigger on new orders in Squarespace so I’ve added your vote for that. I can’t make any promises as to when that would be added but we’ll be sure to email you as soon as it is.

In the meantime, I noticed that you also tagged the Stripe app here, so I’m assuming you’re using that payment gateway on the website? 

If so, I’d have thought you could try setting up a Zap with the following trigger and action:

• Trigger: New Subscription (Stripe) runs when a new subscription is created.
  • Action: Add Subscriber (Klaviyo) adds the subscriber into Klaviyo using email address supplied from Stripe.

Do you think that approach could work? If yes, and you run into any issues on that please let us know, always happy to help further! 🙂

Thank you for the super-quick response. I will give it a go.🤞🏻

Just playing with it. Do think new subscription or new customer?

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hi @sneakylittlerussian 

Upon checking, here’s the difference between the two:

• New Subscription (Stripe) - Triggers when a customer is signed up for a new plan.
  • New Customer (Stripe) - Triggers when a new customer is added.

So it depends on the trigger you want to use.