Question

Square integration and creating unique zaps for specific items

• 22 March 2023
  • 5 replies

Hello, I am new to this service and need some help.  I am trying to create a custom Zap for each service I sell using square.  Is this possible, and how?

I saw that you could add triggers by item, but when I try that, none of my items I created in square populate.  I tried typing in a custom item also by name and that did not work either.

Am I doing something wrong?  I am assuming it is user error, but if it is not - what do I do?  Is it possible to create the type of unique workflow I want for each item I sell?

Thanks for the help!

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Hi @The Royals 

Welcome to the Community!

The screenshot you provided indicates that you’re trying to select an “Item Type.” Please see the screenshot below.

That said, the items you created won’t populate. Could you kindly send a screenshot of the trigger step you created? This would allow me to check further. (If there are personal information, kindly blur them.)

Looking forward to your response! 😊

Thanks!  I played around with different types of triggers to see if I could find the right setting that allows me to find the specific services I provide.  This is the screenshot right now:

This is a screenshot of the items I created in square:

Basically, I want to create a custom workflow for each item that involves followup, email sequences, client scheduling, dropbox uploads, etc.  But each item has a different process associated with it so I have to be able to set it separately for each item in Zapier.

Thanks for your help!! I feel so stuck.

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hi @The Royals 

Let’s focus first on this Zap you want to create to avoid confusion.

Also, to help you further on this and be able to suggest workarounds, do you have a specific use case that I could help out with? If you can phrase it in the “When A happens in Service X, B should happen in Service Y” format, that’ll help me make sure I give you the best suggestion possible, so thank you in advance!

I want to make sure we're on the same page so I can point you in the right direction!

We’ll keep an eye out for your response!

Hi @The Royals 

Let’s focus first on this Zap you want to create to avoid confusion.

Also, to help you further on this and be able to suggest workarounds, do you have a specific use case that I could help out with? If you can phrase it in the “When A happens in Service X, B should happen in Service Y” format, that’ll help me make sure I give you the best suggestion possible, so thank you in advance!

I want to make sure we're on the same page so I can point you in the right direction!

We’ll keep an eye out for your response!

Excellent, good idea.

When a new customer purchases a “VVIP Package” in “Square”, An “email chain” should be started and sent in “ConvertKit.”

I would like to set up a custom zap like this for each service we sell in square, and each service will have a different workflow depending on the service.  For example:

When a new customer purchases a “Visa on Arrival” in “Square,” Their information should be added to a “spreadsheet” in “google sheets” and then a “notification email” should be sent to our concierge team in “gmail”.

The trouble I am having is right at the beginning of the zap - how do I differentiate purchase types between the many services we offer?  Since we need a different process for each kind of purchase as described above.

Thanks so much for your help!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hey @The Royals,

Thanks for the clarification of your desired workflow!

It looks like Square can’t trigger on specific items. That said, I think your desired workflow shouldn’t be a problem. Based on your workflow example, I think you’re going to create multiple Zaps for this. Here’s what the Zap setup should look like on the “VVIP Package” example:

• Trigger: Square (New Order)
  • Action: Filter by Zapier *filter the item name
    7f407af47b1adb55fe1d6bf5cfea0da5.png
    (view larger)
  • Action: ?

More about filter step here: https://zapier.com/help/create/customize/add-conditions-to-zaps-with-filters

Hopefully, this helps!