Best answer

SQL Server Connection String

• 3 June 2021
  • 4 replies

How do we view and/or edit a SQL Server string?  It appears we can only edit the name and not see any of the other details when the app was previously connected.

icon

Best answer by MarinaH 5 June 2021, 00:01

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hey @Oldcastle!

Steps to connect the SQLServer app in Zapier are here: https://zapier.com/help/doc/how-get-started-sql-server-mssql

Could you clarify at which point in connecting you are wanting to view or edit a string?  I am not sure if this is possible to be honest 🤔

Thanks for the reply.

Someone set the connection 3+ years ago.  We are trying to determine what host, port, database and username they used when they connected.  

There does not appear to be a way to view or edit a connection once you save it.

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hey @Oldcastle!

Ah, I see - you would not be able to see the credentials used to authenticate a connection to another app once they are saved - in this case; the port, database, username was entered to establish the secure connection between the SQLServer app and Zapier; but it is not possible to see what those are unfortunately, for security reasons, as those are treated like account credentials. 

OK.  That’s unfortunate.  Especially since I am logging into Zapier with our credentials.  There is security in place.