Skip to main content
Best answer

SQL Server Connection String

• 3 June 2021
  • 4 replies

How do we view and/or edit a SQL Server string?  It appears we can only edit the name and not see any of the other details when the app was previously connected.

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hey @Oldcastle!

Steps to connect the SQLServer app in Zapier are here: https://zapier.com/help/doc/how-get-started-sql-server-mssql

Could you clarify at which point in connecting you are wanting to view or edit a string?  I am not sure if this is possible to be honest 🤔

Thanks for the reply.

Someone set the connection 3+ years ago.  We are trying to determine what host, port, database and username they used when they connected.  

There does not appear to be a way to view or edit a connection once you save it.

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hey @Oldcastle!

Ah, I see - you would not be able to see the credentials used to authenticate a connection to another app once they are saved - in this case; the port, database, username was entered to establish the secure connection between the SQLServer app and Zapier; but it is not possible to see what those are unfortunately, for security reasons, as those are treated like account credentials. 

OK.  That’s unfortunate.  Especially since I am logging into Zapier with our credentials.  There is security in place.