Question

Some basic questions on SurveyMonkey integration

• 21 November 2022
  • 2 replies

Hello Support/Community!

I am very experienced in Zapier but new to SurveyMonkey connector. I am working on a project where the goal is to get responses from surveys in Salesforce (and I know the Salesforce side very well too).

The issue I am facing is that when I create my trigger and try out the “test trigger” option, I get an error message to the effect that no response has been entered yet for the specific survey.

I went to the survey in question and entered a sample response, but got the same error.

Questions:

1. My survey is currently in Draft status. Must it be live?
  2. Is a successful fetch of a response dependent on the payment plan? Zapier mentions “annual paid plan” -- could lack of that be blocking my survey? My current plan is pay-as-go, with $1 per survey option.
  3. Is there any way that I can connect to multiple surveys and fetch data in the same zap? I can imagine that this would get complicated eventually but just curious. Or is one-survey-per-zap the only method supported?
  4. What if I do not specify a collector? From Zap perspective does it really matter, or is it only an option because SurveMonkey API needs something? 

TIA!!

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hi @ClayPotter! I need to do a bit more research on your first question (draft vs. live) and last question (collector), but here’s what I do know:

• Plan Type: As far as I know, you do need to be on a plan type that includes API access. This thread has a bit more information on all that, but I’d definitely encourage you to reach out to Survey Monkey’s support crew too to better understand the plan types. There’s a lot!
  • Multiple Surveys: You can only connect to one survey in each Zap. It would get all sorts of chaotic and messy if you could connect to multiple, so we (and Survey Monkey) keep it to 1.

Let me dig a bit more and I’ll get back to you with what I find out!

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey @ClayPotter just popping back in here! Jillian and I checked in with our support team on this one and they mentioned the best way to get accurate answers to your other questions is to reach out to them directly: https://zapier.com/app/get-help

This will allow us to dig deeper into your specific Zaps and their associated logs to check if what you’re experiencing is intended behavior/a bug/something else and what to do to get it resolved. 

Keep us in the loop! We want to make sure you’re good to go here and we’d love to share the answers with other members of the community who may have similar questions. ✨