Best answer

Show document after merging with google docs template

Hello,

I’ve made a Zap with  GoogleDocs to fill a template with fields from Knack into a new document. That’s  works well and promises lots of opportunities.

I’d like the new document to automatically open as well and bring itself on focus on the screen, but I don’t see how to do that. As it seems so logically to me, it seems to be a basic function, but I’m just missing it. Is there any way to do it?

Thank you in advance for taking some time  to answer.

Greets,

Marco

icon

Best answer by andywingrave 28 May 2020, 12:21

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey there! Welcome to the community! What you are suggesting does sound cool (although believe me, it will get very old the minute it happens and you’re in the middle of something important)

Honestly? There’s no way to do this without code, and I don’t think Zapier would handle this (Please someone correct me if I’m wrong here). But I guess the way to think of it is Zapier deals primarily with the transfer of data (back-end), rather than the user’s visual experience (front-end). 

In order to do what you are suggesting, I think you might be actually better using something like Alfred to handle the visual part - I love Alfred, but there’s a reason I’m not an “Alfred Certified Expert” (they don’t have this, but I mean if they did) - Because there’s just so much going on there, and it’s a rabbit hole I wouldn’t want to follow you down if you do decide to take that path. 

https://www.alfredapp.com/

Hi Saastronomical

Thank you for your straightforward answer and insights. Probably Alfred is indeed going one rabbit hole too far. I just have to think about alternatives to make this suitable for a workplace.

Enjoy!

Marco