Best answer

Shopify + Wave - recording a sale without tax amount

• 13 March 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1

Hello guys!

Is there any way to create a ZAP that connects Shopify with Wave accounting, but the data from Shopify that i need to go through to Wave is the Price of items bought together with price of shipping. I don’t want the price of taxes to go through. 

Screenshot attached. I’l like to transfer subtotal amount and shipping amount to Wave together, and to be recorded as a sale.

icon

Best answer by SamB 13 March 2023, 17:26

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey @Leo1603! 👋

It looks like Shopify has subtotal price and shipping amount fields that you could select in the Wave action, but I’m not seeing a “Shipping Amount” field for the Record Sale (Wave) action. Is that the issue here? 

In which case, is it that the total Shopify provides includes tax so you’re looking to just pass the total without the tax into the Sale Amount field?

If yes, then you might be able to get around it by using a Formatter (Numbers > Spreadsheet-Style Formula) action. It would allow you to use a SUM formula where you could add the two values together, for example:

1a5ffacf9515b1853da0b94401290936.png
Then you’d select the value that’s calculated by that Formatter action in the Sale Amount field, for example:
b2aea287082819f4984058012248fdb9.png
If that’s not what you’re looking to do here, can you please share some further details on the issue? And any screenshots you can send to help explain the issue would be super helpful! Just remember to remove any private information like names, emails etc. from the screenshots first.

Looking forward to your reply!

Userlevel 1

This is exactly what i was looking for! Thank you so much!!!

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Yay! So pleased to hear that, @Leo1603. Glad I could help with this! 😁🎉