Best answer

Shopify to Airtable

• 28 May 2020
  • 3 replies

Hi guys, 

I am try to write multiple records in Airtable when a new orders from Shopify come.

For example, if a order contains three SKU, how can I write three records in airtable?

Seems like Airtable can only write one records at a time?

icon

Best answer by Liz_Roberts 29 May 2020, 21:42

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @LAMOSE ,

Thanks for reaching out! Am I understanding correctly that you are looking to create multiple records from a group of line items in Shopify? 

If so, that feature is not currently supported via the Create Record action in Airtable, but fortunately we have an open feature request filed to add this functionality added and there is a workaround!

While we aren't able to use line items directly we can achieve this using another spreadsheet/database app that does. What we would need to do is this:

1. Create a Google Sheet specifically for handling this data
  2. Change the Create Record step in the zap to a Create Spreadsheet Rows action for Google Sheets.
  3. Setup the Create Spreadsheet Rows action to take the line item from Shopify and create rows with them.
  4. Create a second zap set with a New Spreadsheet Row trigger for Google Sheets.
  5. Set the action for our second zap as Create Record in Airtable.

The above workaround will take the line item from Shopify and create one new row in the spreadsheet for each item. From there, each new row will trigger our second zap and will create one new record for new row created by our line items.

Let me know if that helps with your workflow! I have also added you to the feature request so you will be notified if/when it is available!

Isn’t that doubling the work/zaps? 

How do you count a zap?

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@LAMOSE 

Yes, using this method you’d end up with 2 different zaps.