Question

Shopify abandoned cart sms

• 8 May 2023
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 1

Hello Experts !!

Has anyone tried the abandoned cart sms for shopify ?

The functionality seems to be pretty straight forward, but here is where I am having some questions/doubts.

1. What is line item support ? is it looking at each item in the cart ? 
  2. If I connect to shopify app will I get the url of the abandoned cart ?
  3. Do I get the abandoned cart event right away or it comes after some time ?
  4. are you able to read from zapier the sms opt in preference ?   I am guessing no ?
  5. how are you sending out the sms ? as in, I am assuming best practice is to send it out after a few hours...and not right away. As in after a delay, so after the delay period I am guessing you have to again go check if the customer has completed the transaction ?

All in all, I am guessing a system of record has to be maintined which has 

1. abandoned cart (guessing u get the phone number)
  2. after delay check if an order has been placed from that phone number, 
  3. check the sms preference

if sms preference is yes and order has not been placed from that number then send out the text

Thanks a ton for any suggestions ,

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hey there @ArchieMG 😆 -

I can assist you with the first few questions to the best of my knowledge; 

1. Line item support means that you can see the individual products that were left in the abandoned cart, including the name, SKU, quantity, and price.

2. For abandoned cart SMS, you should be able to get a link to the abandoned cart, so you can try to recover the sale. (Sending a discount code or reaching out to the customer directly.)

3. Abandoned cart events usually happen right away, but the exact timing might depend on the app or service you are using.

Hope this helps!