Best answer

Sharing cloud drive with supplier China

• 12 December 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Good afternoon!

I've been looking for a way to share files in the cloud with my Chinese supplier for a while now.

I am in the process of automating my invoices and quotations using Zapier.

I receive a CSV file with Data and Size drawings in JPG by email. Now I would like this to go through Google Spreadsheet or google Drive or Dropbox etc. However this is all blocked in China, my supplier cannot use this.

I do not want to move this file and drawings manually but would like to have this automated.

Does anyone here have a tip on how to easily share data with China? This app should be bi-available in Zapier to access the data.

icon

Best answer by Waggie 16 December 2022, 17:38

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

Hi there @Waggie - thanks for coming by with your question! 

I’m curious what others may know of, I don’t personally have any suggestions for things I’ve used, but I did find this list that may prove helpful with some alternatives: https://www.smartshanghai.com.cn/articles/tech-and-it/gmail-alternatives-for-businesses-in-china

There also is FileCloud, which I do believe is accepted in China, and we do have an integration with them: https://zapier.com/apps/filecloud/integrations

Let me know if either of these suggestions help, and I’ll keep an eye out for any other ideas I come across!

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

Quick check in @Waggie - were you able to find a solution that worked for you? Let us know if you got setup with FileCloud or if you hit any other roadbumps! 

Best,

Rachael

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Hi Racheal,

Not through Zapier. I have two other solutions:

1: I made an account on my Synology NAS for my supplier. The folder he place the file has cloud sync. with Google drive.

2: Supplier takes a VPN server.

Best,

Thomas

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

Hey @Waggie - thanks for coming back and letting us know what worked- we’re always glad to hear about any creative workarounds we can share with our members. I’ll go ahead and mark what you found as your best answer to this question, and feel free to come back by our corner of Community any time!

Best,

Rachael