I’m setting up a lead capture form for an upcoming trade show. I’d like it to take information submitted through the form, create a contact (using Google Contacts, Contacts+, doesn’t matter), and then use ClickSend SMS to send a link to that contact to its “owner” (the person they met with at the show).
So far, everything has gone smoothly, but I’m running into issues with getting a shareable URL for the contact to be sent via ClickSend SMS. Anybody know how to do this with Google Contacts, Contacts+, or a similar app?
Here’s what I have so far:
- Ninja Forms - New Form Submission (Trigger)
- Create Contact in Google Contacts (Action)
- Find Contact in Google Contacts (Action)
- Hoping to get a shareable URL from this step, but that doesn’t appear to be working.
- Send SMS in ClickSend SMS (Action)
- Should be sending that URL from the previous step to the employee, but I can’t get a URL to send.
Best answer by SamBView original
Welcome to the Community
You’re right, it doesn’t look like we’re able to get a shareable link to the contact with the Google Contacts integration at present. You may want to reach out to our Support Team and ask them to open a feature request to have shareable URLs added. The best way to contact them is by using the Get Help form.
That said, we do have a blog post that has a section on “Add Google Contacts Workflows to Share New Contacts (Anyone)” which seems like it may be helpful in sharing the contacts. You can read it here: Add Company Email Signatures, Document Templates, Event Calendars, and More to G Suite
Hope that helps get you pointed in the right direction! :)