Best answer

Setup a HubSpot property modification trigger

• 20 December 2022
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi all!!

I have been trying to do the following: Create a zap that triggers an action (concretely, create a Panda Doc document) when a particular property of a contact is modified in hubspot. 

Example: I have a client called Joe who has passed from “client” to “ex-client” in our pipeline of lifecycle stage. At this point, I want panda doc to generate a signable document where all the client’s info is filled-in automatically for him/her to sign the cancellation of the contract. 

I’ve tried to use the “Contact Recently Created or Updated in HubSpot” trigger, but in the “Trigger” step, I am only allowed to enter “values”, and I am not sure what values they are grabbing, but certainly not the values of the latest hubspot modification. Also, if anytime there is a modification in hubspot, it’s going to trigger a Panda Doc document creation, it’s obviously not a good solution, so I need to be able to filter out and create a Panda Doc documente only when the value of the field “Lifecycle Stage” changes to “ex-client”.

Any idea if this is possible, or if there is any turnaround?

Thank you all in advance!!

icon

Best answer by Sac 27 December 2022, 10:25

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Sac 

Try using the New Contact Property Change (or New Deal Property Change if more appropriate) trigger for Hubspot. 

You may need to set up a filter after the trigger to only continue for the right value

Userlevel 1

Thanks for the answer @GetUWired !

I am affraid this might not work, as the contact already exists. I need this process to trigger once we modify a property of an existing contact. I might be wrong, maybe your solutions works, but I haven’t been able to set it up to do what I need...

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Sac The New Contact Property Change trigger fires when the configured property changes value on any contact.. new or existing.. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Thanks @GetUWired !

@Sac did using the New Contact Property Change in HubSpot do the trick? Let us know how you got on!

Userlevel 1

Hi @Liz_Roberts ,

Yes, it worked, thanks a lot @GetUWired !! I had misunderstood the “New Contact Property Change in Hubspot” as a “New Contact in Hubspot” with a “property change” trigger. 

I also had a hard time finding out how filters worked, but for those who read this thread, it’s another regular step in the Zap. Once you know that, it’s really easy to set up.