Best answer

Sending emails with files from monday.com

• 27 September 2022
  • 8 replies

Hello there,
I’m using monday.com to manage my workflows.
I sell some different products and for each type of product I have different suppliers or vendors that I'm interested to get an offer from them for each deal.
So I want to build a workflow in which when the product is X and the status (on monday) is changed to "Proposals" to send an email with values from the item's columns to the relevant vendors (it can be even 10 vendors).

Can you help me with that? The requested outcome is sending an email with files to different recipients.
Thank you very much,

Hezi

icon

Best answer by rachael.silvano 10 October 2022, 16:47

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey there, @hezibo! Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Community!

Sometimes it helps to break zaps down into smaller, easier to digest chunks which oftentimes ends up being: "When this [trigger] happens in monday.com, do that [action] in (email app)."

I know you mentioned monday.com is your trigger app. Assuming your email provider is Gmail here’s a few templated zaps that could help:

https://zapier.com/apps/monday/integrations/gmail

I wonder specifically if this one might work:

I’ll also pop some resources below that may be useful if you’re just getting started with Zapier:

All that said, I definitely recommend diving into the Editor and fiddling around a bit! If there’s a spot you wind up getting stuck on, feel free to share screenshots of your zap setup and we’ve got some great helpers in the community!

Happy Zapping! ⚡️

Hey @christina.d ,

Thank you for your reply.

I’ll try it out.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @hezibo! Were you able to get this Zap up and running with the resources Christina shared above? Let us know if you’re squared away or if we can be of any further help!

Hey @Liz_Roberts @christina.d ristina.d

I was able to create a Zap and send email but couldn’t send the files.

They were sent but there couldn’t been open.
Any help with that?

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

Hi there @hezibo - 

Also jumpin in to help 😉, how are you trying to send the files? Our recommended method is via google docs- here is a thread that walks through folks using a Zap to attach a file to an outgoing email. 

Let me know if that helps, and if you have any printscreens of your Zap setup that can provide very useful for us to continue working with you to set it up!

Thank you @Rachael S 
It doesn’t help as I want to attach the file which is stored on monday.com platform

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

Ah gotcha @hezibo , that makes sense. I did a little digging and it looks like other folks on Monday.com are looking for a similar solution for email attachments. Looks like something that has some potential workarounds for now, but I’m not sure if any of these are what you’re looking for either. 

Sorry for the potential dead-end, but maybe one of our awesome Community members has another idea that I’m not thinking of- fingers crossed! 

Thx Rachel