Question

Sending Email to Distribution List

• 1 February 2022
  • 3 replies

I am new to Zapier.  I set up a Google Form that when submitted by the user, it automatically populates a Google Doc.  When this Doc is saved into a folder, the Zapier rule is executed and sends an email.  Right now for testing purposes I have it sent from me, to me.  What I want to happen is the email gets sent from whomever submitted the Google Form and it gets sent to a distribution list.  I have the distribution list created with an alias account so that isn’t an issue.  What I’m stuck on is how to get the From Email to be whoever submitted the form.  Is this possible?

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Mike S 

Are you collecting the email address on the Form?

If yes, then you can map the email variable to the TO email address for sending the email.

Check out this help article: https://zapier.com/help/create/basics/set-up-your-zap-action#set-up-your-action

Yes I am collecting it.  But I want the From email address to be from that person.  Is that possible?  The TO address will be going to an email alias within the company.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Mike S

You can’t send email from an email address you don’t have access to.

If you use Gmail to Send Email in a Zap you can specify the From Name.