Best answer

Send welcome message to user joining a Slack workspace

• 4 October 2022
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1

Hello community,

I am trying to send a direct message when a new user joins a Slack workspace. I was able to send DM to an existing user or channel but not to the user who joined the workspace. How can I achieve this?

Thank you!

icon

Best answer by christina.d 4 October 2022, 20:01

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey there, @avinashdesireddy! Great question and appreciate ya raising it in the community!

I took a quick peek and it looks like there’s a “New User” trigger for Slack! 🤗

Do you think that could work for you?

So it might look like:

1. Slack Trigger - New User
  2. Slack Action - Send Direct Message

Let us know! If that’s trigger you’re currently working with, feel free to share screenshots (with any personal details removed) of your trigger and action setup and we’re happy to dig a bit further into this with you. 

Userlevel 1

Hi @christina.d - Thank you for the quick response.

Yes it is working as expected. 

Userlevel 1

Hello community,

I am trying to send a direct message when a new user joins a Slack workspace. I was able to send DM to an existing user or channel but not to the user who joined the workspace. How can I achieve this?

Thank you!

Hello. I also have an exact problem and I was in searching for how can I achieve it. But thanks to you for raising such issue to clear me too.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

🔥Woohoo! Thanks for letting us know this unblocked you too, @Cam_col! We love it when the community does its thing. 🎉

Userlevel 1

🔥Woohoo! Thanks for letting us know this unblocked you too, @Cam_col! We love it when the community does its thing. 🎉

Exactly, People like them if community solve their issue ASAP.🖤

Userlevel 1

Hello!

I don’t know if I’m missing something, but when I try to set this up it will only let me select an existing user to send a direct message to, I can’t seem to find a way to send it to thew new user:

What’s the way to set this up? Thank you!

This is the workflow I’m following