Question

Send reminder email as deadline passes

• 15 February 2024
  • 3 replies

I have different deadline dates in google sheets and would like an email reminder sent to me once the deadline date has passed. I would like this also done for another row, but for an email to be sent when the date is approaching. 

I see this is possible with google calendar, however I can not figure out how to set up a trigger for specifically google sheets and for a trigger only to be done once the date in the cell has passed. 

Thank you

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @jenCAL 

I recommend using Airtable instead of GSheets.

Airtable has Date fields.

Airtable has Automations.

Airtable Automations have a native integration with Gmail.

Concept would be to configure Airtable Automations trigger steps to fire when conditions are met. (e.g. Date X = Today)

Hi Troy, thank you for the response. Changing platform isn't possible at the moment. Are you saying my request isn't possible? or do I need to hire a company to do custom automation?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@jenCAL 

There is not native functionality to trigger a Zap when a cell date matches certain conditions.

You would either have to use some sort of formula, which can be tricky.

Or you would have to configure a Zap to run on a Schedule to check for rows that match conditions. (e.g. Date = Today)

NOTE: This approach can use excessive Zap Tasks if doing frequent checks. (e.g. run every hour vs run once a day at noon)

Then you would likely have to use the Looping app to handle 1+ results found on the GSheet: https://zapier.com/apps/looping/help