Best answer

Send email when cell colour changed in Google Sheets spreadsheet on Team Drive

• 24 January 2023
  • 2 replies

Hi,

I’ve got excel (google sheets) file uploaded on my teams google drive. I would like to send an email (gmail) to everyone, everytime I change color of the cell. Can anyone explain me how can I do it properly?

icon

Best answer by SamB 24 January 2023, 10:33

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey @chevre, welcome to the Community!

I did some checking and it seems we’re not able to detect when a cell changes colour. There is an existing feature request for the ability to trigger a Zap when the styling/colour of a row’s cells change so I’ve added your vote to that. This will allow us to let you know as soon as that functionality is added. We’ll be sure to post any updates here in the meantime.

Until then, as Google Sheets is able to do conditional formatting I wonder you could use that as a workaround. I’m thinking it might be possible to have a checkbox column so that when you select it, it changes the colour of the row. That way the Zap would trigger for the changed value in the checkbox in the row so you’d see the colour change in the row that way. I’ve not tested this theory out so please do let me know if it works! 🙂 

Thank you,

Can you explain me step by step how to connect the sheet on my google drive with sending emails on gmail while changes are done? When I am trying to make a new Zap I can’t find a sheet on my google drive :/