Question

Send Email based on custom Honeybook contract field?

• 9 June 2023
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi all!

I’m trying to send an email to our clients when they enter information into a field in the contract. 

I’ve tried setting the zap to “New Project Booked,” and even added the field from the contract to the Details page of the client’s project. Though, I’m still unable to pull this as a field option in Zapier. 

Does anyone know for sure what fields Zapier can pull from Honeybook and if it can pull any data from the contracts our clients sign? 

Thanks!

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey there, @ebab4138! Thanks for reaching out in community - we definitely want to help. 

Hmm, which Project field were you looking for? Full transparency, we do have an open feature request with HoneyBook requesting additional fields (Project Value, Start/End time we’re among them) be supported in the New Project Booked trigger. While we were advised there are no immediate plans to add new fields, I’m happy to make a note of the one you’re looking for! This will at least keep you in the loop if anything changes. 

Also out of curiosity, are you seeing any other fields from the contract pulled through? I’m wondering if there’s a difference between contracts and projects and that’s why we’re not seeing it.

Let us know! 🙂

Userlevel 1

Hi @christina.d ! I added a custom project field since I couldn’t pull fields from a contract. 

I’m not seeing any fields from contract nor am I given that option in the zap. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Ah, that’s a nifty idea! Glad to hear you were able to workaround this and appreciate you sharing it here!

Full transparency, the HoneyBook app is owned and maintained by a team of their developers. It sounds like contracts aren’t currently supported by the HoneyBook app. That said, it might be worth reaching out to them directly to inquire if there are any plans to support contracts in addition to projects. 🙂 

Thanks again for reaching out in community!

Userlevel 1

Hi @christina.d I still actually haven’t gotten it to work, as the custom project fields don’t pull into Zapier. I’m assuming this is a limitation? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @ebab4138 

If you have access to the HoneyBook API, then it may be possible to get the desired data.

Zap action: HoneyBook - API Request

If you need help, consider hiring a Certified Zapier Expert: https://zapier.com/experts/automation-ace

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @ebab4138,

I’m jumping in to see if I can help!

I did some digging into this, and it seems like there aren't any open feature requests for the contracts or custom project fields you mentioned. I recommend reaching out to our Support team and opening a ticket. They can help you create a feature request on your behalf.

To get in touch with our Support team, simply follow this link: https://zapier.com/app/get-help

Hopefully, this helps! 😊