Best answer

Send credit note from Xero to Airtable

• 16 June 2023
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 1

Hey team,

How to I create a trigger for when a sales credit note is applied in Xero to be sent as a line item record to Airtable?

icon

Best answer by SamB 16 June 2023, 17:01

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @mari,

I did some digging into this, and it seems like the closest trigger we have to a sales credit note is the “New Sales Invoice” trigger. Have you tried using that trigger to see if it’ll fit your desired workflow?

That said, here is how I see the Zap for the workflow that you have in mind:

1. Trigger: Xero (New Sales Invoice)
  2. Action: Airtable (Create Records (With Line Item Support)

Please let me know if that helps! 😊

Userlevel 1

Hi there @mari,

I did some digging into this, and it seems like the closest trigger we have to a sales credit note is the “New Sales Invoice” trigger. Have you tried using that trigger to see if it’ll fit your desired workflow?

That said, here is how I see the Zap for the workflow that you have in mind:

1. Trigger: Xero (New Sales Invoice)
  2. Action: Airtable (Create Records (With Line Item Support)

Please let me know if that helps! 😊

Hi @ken.a 

I have tried that but it doesn’t pull credit notes.

I’ve also tried adding a filter for invoice number to have CN

I have also tried to pull it as payment and the trigger doesn’t trigger.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi there @mari! 👋

Sorry to hear that New Sales Invoice trigger won’t be able to pull the credit note details for you here.

I’ve been looking into this and found a feature request to have a “New Credit Note” trigger added to the Xero app. That sounds like that addition would be perfect for your needs here so I’ve gone ahead and added your vote to that.

I’m not seeing any workarounds reported for this but if we come across any we’ll be sure to share them here. And I can’t make any promises as to when that trigger would become available but we’ll be sure to email you as soon as it is! 🙂

Userlevel 1

Hi there @mari! 👋

Sorry to hear that New Sales Invoice trigger won’t be able to pull the credit note details for you here.

I’ve been looking into this and found a feature request to have a “New Credit Note” trigger added to the Xero app. That sounds like that addition would be perfect for your needs here so I’ve gone ahead and added your vote to that.

I’m not seeing any workarounds reported for this but if we come across any we’ll be sure to share them here. And I can’t make any promises as to when that trigger would become available but we’ll be sure to email you as soon as it is! 🙂

Cheers Sam. This is going to be a problem for me. I’ve built a Sales, Stock & CRM system between Xero & Airtable based on the data coming from Xero through Zapier. I might have to now look at a different solution that doesn’t rely on zapier.

Cheers,

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Sorry to hear that @mari. I’ve been doing some further looking into this and I’m wondering if you could set up a webhook directly from Xero to send information about the credit note to a Zap.

It looks like Xero has a Invoice UPDATE webhook event that you could subscribe to. So I’m thinking that when the credit note is allocated to an invoice that may be seen as an update to the invoice and the webhook would be sent to the Zap. You’d need to use a Catch Hook (Webhooks by Zapier) trigger for the Zap and use the webhook URL it provides for the “Send notifications to” field in Xero when setting up the webhook. I couldn’t see from Xero’s documentation exactly what fields would be send by the webhook but I’m hoping that if it’s sending a notification about an update to an invoice that it would include details about the update such as the credit note information that you’re after here.

Webhooks are a bit more advanced and only available on paid Zapier plans so this may not be an ideal solution here. But thought I’d mention it just in case it’s something you’d be willing to try. If that’s something you’d like to explore, you can learn more about how to trigger a Zap using a Catch Hook here: Trigger Zaps from webhooks and how to set up the webhook in Xero here: Creating a webhook 

If you do give that a try and it works, or find an alternative solution please let us know. Would love to hear how you get on!

Userlevel 1
Badge

I think I may have found a workaround

Schedule a custom report using G-Accon extension in Google Sheets 

You can then set up a trigger based off a new line in Google Sheets

Regards

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Thanks for sharing this, @Mitchell Zezima! If anyone gives this a shot - we’d love to know how it works for you. 🙂

Userlevel 1

I think I may have found a workaround

Schedule a custom report using G-Accon extension in Google Sheets 

You can then set up a trigger based off a new line in Google Sheets

Regards

Thank you! I will give it a shot later this week and will let you know!

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey folks,

Just circling back in here to share that we’ve recently added a New Credit Note trigger to the Xero app on Zapier! 🎉
3135a0ab61443c9f213394a5c2cb58b0.png

Hope you’re able to give that new trigger a try soon!

If you experience any issues with it please do get in touch in the Community or reach out to our Support team and we’ll be happy to help. In the meantime, happy Zapping! ⚡