Question

Seeking Freelancer Expert for Advanced Task Reminder Automation from Notion to Gmail

• 3 September 2023
  • 1 reply

Hello Zapier Community,

I'm a project manager aiming to enhance my workflow by automating task reminders. I want to set up a Zap that sends personalized email reminders to the assignee at specific intervals before and after a task's due date in Notion.

What I've Done So Far:

• Connected my Notion and Gmail accounts to Zapier.
  • Explored triggers and actions but haven't found the exact solution.

What I Need:

1. Guidance on setting up triggers in Zapier that identify tasks in Notion based on specific time intervals (5 days, 2 days, 1 day before the due date, and after the due date).
  2. Instructions on configuring the action to send customized emails via Gmail to the assignee. The email content should differ for reminders sent before the due date and those sent after.

Seeking Freelancer Expert: I'm looking to hire a freelancer who is an expert in Notion databases and Zapier to assist me in setting this up. If you are such an expert or can recommend someone, please get in touch.

I'd greatly appreciate any guidance, examples, or even video tutorials that could help me accomplish this. This advanced automation would significantly improve my project management efficiency and allow my team to focus on more critical tasks.

Thank you in advance for your help!

Best regards,

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Dany Dada 

Good question.

Here’s an alternative approach:

Use Airtable instead of Notion.

Airtable has Views, which are segments of data. (sort, filter, group, show/hide fields, reorder fields)

You can setup Views with conditions such as these:

• Date is Today
  • Date is Yesterday
  • Date is Tomorrow
  • etc.

You can use Views to trigger Zaps.

Airtable has internal Automations.

Airtable has native integrations with Gmail.

That means you could create an internal Airtable Automation that sends an email when a record matches a condition by entering a View.