Best answer

Salesforce Fields pulling contacts info from opportunity

• 28 March 2023
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 3

Hello, today I’m trying to pull contact info from salesforce to have it auto populate a google doc in one of my zap flows… in salesforce i have a contact associated with my opportunity that has a role of “Billing Contact”… is there an additional search step i need to be performing here in order to be able to use that Billing contact user role as my dynamic field that im populating into my google doc (I can find things like account name and other basic info to pull but having issues figuring out how to find the contacts listed under opportunities)

Thanks, Woozie

icon

Best answer by SamB 28 March 2023, 16:18

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @Woozie83! 👋

If the full contact information isn’t available in the opportunity details supplied by the trigger then yes, a search step may well be needed in order to get access to that information. 

You’d need to search for something that’s unique to the contact, something like their ID number or email perhaps. Is the ID number/email address for the associated billing contact available from the trigger?

If so, you could use one of those as the Search Value in a Find Record search action. And in that search action you’d select Contact as the Salesforce Object. This will allow it to search the contacts specifically for a match.

Would that approach work for you here or does your Zap’s trigger not supply any information that could be used to find the contact? Looking forward to hearing from you on this!

Userlevel 3

Using Contact as my search object, contact ID as my field to search by and dynamic contact ID for search value did the trick! Appreciate the help!

Woozie