Question

Salesforce - Convert Lead to Contact

• 20 August 2020
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1

Is it possible to trigger the action that occurs in Salesforce Lightning Edition when I click “Convert” on a Lead?

I am trying to build a zap to trigger various updates in Salesforce based on changes to a Google Sheet. Generally I’m able to get things to work the way I want but am stuck on this one thing.

I realize that the logic executed by that “Convert” button is somewhat complex compared to what the Salesforce integration usually does. Would I need to literally copy over all the Lead info to a new Contact and then delete the old Lead, or is there a simpler way to do this?

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey! You can trigger based on an updated record - Which is probably close to what you’re trying to do here. Can you let us know if you’ve tried this, and what results you got?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey @GovPredict were you able to use the “Updated Record” trigger, like Andy mentioned, to help with your workflow? Let us know - we want to make sure you’re good to go here!