Question

Run multiple Zaps for the same WooCommerce and ActiveCampaign apps without duplication?

• 29 September 2021
  • 7 replies

Hi everyone, 

I have a particular problem that I managed to fix but I need to know what I could do to avoid this problem going forward.

Background:

• Wordpress Website using WooCommerce plugin for Active Campaign via Zapier.
  • Running 3 zaps all on different dates with different AC tags to be applied
  • Zapier account is a free version.
  • All tested and worked fine when created 4 weeks ago.
  • Every Zap is totally separate to the other. Checked and made sure the right tag was on the right zap, all tested and data found.

What’s happening:

• When a sale is made on the website using WooCommerce via Zapier is telling AC to add all three events to each person and adds each person to all three event automations.  

What I did:

• I turned off all zaps except the one.
  • I then purchased the event via the Wordpress website. 
  • I checked AC and my email was allocated the correct tag and I was added to the correct automation and I received the correct welcome email.

Help:

Is anyone able to let me know if you can run multiple zaps via the same plugin to AC on a free account. I’m thinking that may have something to do with it? 

This problem caused the wrong people to receive the wrong tags, enter the wrong automations and of course receive the wrong emails.

I would really appreciate it if anyone could shed some light on this for me.

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Jacquijames 

Sounds like you need to add a Filter step to each Zap: https://zapier.com/apps/filter/help

This will make it a multi-step Zap that will require a Zapier paid plan.

Thanks Troy for your comment. But that didn’t work either.

The AC account is a Lite account and I’m reading that the WooCommerce plugin for Zapier needs AC to be a plus or premium account and that Zapier needs to be a paid account also. :/

What are your thoughts on that?

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey @Jacquijames,

Looking at the help guide for ActiveCampaign it doesn’t look like a plus or premium version of ActiveCampaign is required to work with Zapier: 

Paid/versioned account - All of ActiveCampaign's paid plans (Lite, Plus, Professional, Enterprise) work for all Zapier integrations.

But if you did opt to use a Filter step in your Zaps you would need to move to a paid Zapier plan as Troy mentioned.

I did some digging online and it looks like there’s a native integration (e.g. one that doesn’t involve Zapier) available between WooCommerce and ActiveCampaign and for that, it would require the ActiveCampaign account to be on a Plus plan or above. More on that here: WooCommerce Deep Data integration overview

So, you could use a Lite version of ActiveCampaign with your WooCommerce Zaps, but if you were wanting to use ActiveCampaigns native integration with WooCommerce instead, you’d need to be on a Plus or higher ActiveCampaign plan. Hope that helps to clarify! :)

Hi @SamB 

Thank you so much that is great news that it should work fine. I can cross that off my list now.  I’ve spent over 10 hours trying to solve this problem so last night I turned one Zap off and the other Zap now works fine. 

I’m thinking the problem may lay with pulling the data from Woo Commerce. Anyway, I’ll continue on.  Thanks again.

Jacqui

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

I’m so glad to hear the other Zap is working correctly, @Jacquijames :)

Sorry about it taking so long to troubleshoot this. If you run into any further issues it may be best to reach out to our Support Team. They’ll be able to dig into the system logs for your Zaps to investigate it further. 

Hi @SamB I was a little too premature. 

This morning a WooCommerce purchase was made for an event the 7 October, (note, the Zap is turned off for this purchase)

But AC tagged the person with the product for 16 November so they went into the wrong automation and received the wrong information. 

I’ve now turned off all Zaps. I am pulling my hair out. When I tested it the other day it worked fine. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Jacquijames 

Best way to troubleshoot is to look at the Zap Runs: https://zapier.com/app/history/

Check the DATA IN/OUT for each step to follow the data flow.

Also in AC, check the history log for the Contact Recent Activity feed to see what changes were made.