Question

RSS by Zapier not triggering for new items

• 23 June 2021
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1

Greetings - first post :-)

I’ve had an RSS zap that was running successfully - it looks at RSS and posts to Facebook page. Now it is not running / fails.  When I manually run it, it’s stuck on “Looking for new items...”

I thought perhaps something has gone wrong, so I paused that zap and recreated a new one, tested it and it works fine during the set up testing - but when it is live, and I click a manual Run Now - the same issue “ Looking for new items...” spinning wheel never stops !

I thought perhaps we have an issue in the server and / cloudflare that we use.  Maybe the firewall is blocking Zapier - but I checked and there are no blocking events or issues that I can see.

I’m on the free plan but was testing the platform before upgrading.  It was impressive - but now it is not! I’m hoping I can recover my confidence ;-)

I will also ask support. Any help appreciated. 

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @SolaceZap 

Make sure to check out the available help articles for the RSS by Zapier app: https://zapier.com/apps/rss/help

Can you post screenshots of how your Zap steps are currently configured to give us better context?

Userlevel 1

Hi @SolaceZap 

Make sure to check out the available help articles for the RSS by Zapier app: https://zapier.com/apps/rss/help

Can you post screenshots of how your Zap steps are currently configured to give us better context?

Hi @Troy Tessalone 

Thanks for the reply :-)

Do you have access to support ticket?  I sent one through with details - I’d rather not post on forum.

However, I can say, everything looks fine during the set up. I tested the RSS link and in the TEST TRIGGER section, it says “we found an item...” and it goes on to list all of the RSS items and they all look good.

In my Action section “Action2. Create Page Post in Facebook Pages” is all set up fine.  I tested the zap and it worked (posted a test RSS item to my FB page).

So it all seems to work well in test mode - but in running the zap it just doesn’t get any further than “ Looking for new items...” spinning wheel

Userlevel 1

@Troy Tessalone 

I would also like to say, both the trigger and action are testing fine.

The zap is “On” (green active) in the dashboard.

However, neither the manual check - nor waiting for the automatic post (supposed to run every 15 minutes?) are running….

Zap history also shows empty :disappointed_relieved:

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@SolaceZap 

“Looking for new items...” this likely means there are 0 new RSS feed items to pull.

Has a new RSS feed item been published?

FYI: I do not work for Zapier.

Userlevel 1

@SolaceZap

“Looking for new items...” this likely means there are 0 new RSS feed items to pull.

Has a new RSS feed item been published?

Yes, there are several in there and it’s a brand new zap just created - you would think it would publish the new RSS posts ?   Also - why would it just spin and spin forever…..

FYI: I do not work for Zapier.

Understood - thanks for your time with the ideas :-) 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@SolaceZap 

While you wait for Zapier Support to get you a response, it might be worthwhile to explore the RSS related topics in the Zapier Community in case there is something mentioned that you find helpful: https://community.zapier.com/search?q=rss