Question

Repost my own Reddit posts to my Twitterr

• 29 March 2023
  • 4 replies

Hello! 

I am trying to figure out how to repost all of my Reddit posts to my Twitter account. I'm thinking to use "New Post or Comment Matching Search” event but I can't figure out how to target my own posts. I would want it to function the same way as "New Media Posted in My Account” that shows up on IG events. How can I do that? 

Thanks

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @Janeth Doe - 

Hopefully I can help out here, does this template look like something that would work for you? It does require a filter step, but that would likely be best unless you were looking to tweet out every post you make to Reddit! 

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hi @Janeth Doe 

Welcome to the Community! Thanks for your interest in Zapier.

You may use the New Post or Comment Matching Search trigger in Reddit and then map the fields in the trigger step.

196e2b6901acb53fafde96617440cfb5.png

I suggest you run the Zap first to see if this will work for the workflow you want to achieve and if errors will occur.

Please keep us posted!

Hi @Janeth Doe - 

Hopefully I can help out here, does this template look like something that would work for you? It does require a filter step, but that would likely be best unless you were looking to tweet out every post you make to Reddit! 

Thank you for your reply! Could you possibly give an example how I would find my own reddit posts? I am trying the following:

Event: New Post or Comment Matching Search
Trigger search query: I put in my Reddit username, but it only finds comments I am mentioned in, not my posts. How would I exclusively locate only posts made by myself?
And is that problematic to repost all of my reddit posts onto twitter? 

Essentially I would like my Twitter to be a duplicate of my Reddit. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey @Janeth Doe! 👋

Judging by Reddit’s search documentation it looks like you’d need to specify your username as the author in the search query. I’m thinking this format should work: author:u/Usernamegoeshere 

Can you give that a try and let us know whether that works as hoped?