Best answer

Replay whole zap instead of the failed parts

• 6 January 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

airtable will complete its trigger but then a part of the zap later fails because of data in the airtable. So we update the airtable with the correct data, but the zap still fails because the airtable trigger already fired as a success with the bad data. How can we fix this?

icon

Best answer by nicksimard 7 January 2021, 23:19

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

Hey @chrisfinck,

are you talking about the problem with Airtable that it does not trigger on updated/edited/changed rows? I am not sure I understood it right.

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Hey @chrisfinck,

are you talking about the problem with Airtable that it does not trigger on updated/edited/changed rows? I am not sure I understood it right.

No I cannot replay a zap and have that trigger “re-trigger” to get new information from that triggered record

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @chrisfinck!

The way replaying Zaps works is that we use the data from the trigger as it came through that first time it ran. We don’t retrieve new information from the trigger app and then try to run the failed steps. I believe that’s your issue, correct? 

I address some possible workarounds here:

As it stands now, that would be a feature request. 

I've added your feedback to our internal tracking system/wish list so that our team can consider it when making improvements/changes to Zapier. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Hi @chrisfinck!

The way replaying Zaps works is that we use the data from the trigger as it came through that first time it ran. We don’t retrieve new information from the trigger app and then try to run the failed steps. I believe that’s your issue, correct? 

I address some possible workarounds here:

As it stands now, that would be a feature request. 

I've added your feedback to our internal tracking system/wish list so that our team can consider it when making improvements/changes to Zapier. 

since its low volume that first method will work