Best answer

Replacing Wufoo with Jotform

Hi there!

I am looking to move away from Wufoo and use Jotform with Acuity.

Is this possible using a zap?

Essentially, customers fill out an inquiry form on my website. Then, once they book their appointment through the Acuity scheduling link, I would like the form to be matched to their appointment automatically, which is what Wufoo is doing now. 

Thanks!

Nelson

icon

Best answer by SamB 3 March 2023, 15:06

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Welcome to the Community, @Tattooist!

For this workflow you’d want to set up a Zap that triggers whenever someone a customer makes a booking in Acuity Scheduling, searches for their submission in JotForm using something unique to the user (like their email address) and updates the submission with the appointment details. Sadly I’m not seeing any “Find Submission” or “Update Submission” actions for Jotform.

We’ve got an existing feature request to add search actions that would allow you to search existing submissions, so I’ve added your vote to that. This will allow us to email you as soon as it’s added. I couldn’t see any feature requests for an “Update Submission” action so you’d need to reach out to our Support team about that so they can create it on your behalf.

In the meantime, I’m wondering if you could store a list of the form submissions in a third party app that is searchable. Like a Google Sheets spreadsheet for example. So you’d have 2 Zaps: 

1. One that triggers when there’s a new submission in Jotform and makes a note of it in the spreadsheet, logging details like the customer’s email and the submission’s ID number.
  2. And another that triggers when a new appointment is made in Acuity Scheduling, use a Lookup Spreadsheet Row (Google Sheets) action to search for the relevant submission using the customer’s email address. Then you could use an Update Spreadsheet Row (Google Sheets) action to make a note of the appointment details on that same row.

Do you think that approach could work at all?

Hi Sam,

Thanks for your response. I want to avoid going through another app to find the inquiry form. Acuity stores its matching inquiry form when you click on appointment details, so it’s convenient to have everything there. 

Thanks again,

Melanie