Question

Remove variable text from string.

• 27 March 2022
  • 2 replies

I’m trying to pull out text from an email but remove the email thread of previous conversations to only end up with the reply.

I have the following input data:

Hi there, Would it be possible to Discuss all of this over a Phone call or zoom call? That way we can discuss what I’m after and what steps I need to take next? Obviously I understand the process may take weeks/months to finalise so the sooner I start the better really. I’ve spoke to the Company that actually produced the T-Shirt that I was after but to be honest they are being very unhelpful and rude basically. So hopefully I have more luck with your team. Many thanks, Tom On Wed, 23 Mar 2022 at 11:36, Rag-Sourcing - Info <info@rag-sourcing.com> wrote:Hi TomThanks for your email.Below is the whole process from start to finish, based on you wanting design work. If you’ve done all your design work, we would need CADs and any logos/graphics in PDF format for our factories to work with.DesignWe’ll set up a call/Skype to go through your designs, and will then quote for the project. Once all agreed and paid, designs will be created and sent over to you for approval. If you’ve done all the designs, it's still best to set up a call to go through everything, ie. fabrics, styling details etc.Design costs are charged at £50ph, and can be discounted by 20% against any sampling that goes forward.For example, if you choose to have 1 tech pack created by ourselves, the cost would be £150 ex VAT.When you come to sampling, samples are charged at £100.00 each ex VAT and any courier costs. We would then action a 20% of £150 (£30) against your sampling invoice. If you choose any further services, i.e web design, we can discount by a further 10%.SamplingFrom approval of the designs, we’ll move into sampling. and these normally take 4 weeks. Please note, all of our factories are abroad. Although we are based in the UK, everything is sourced abroad. Dependant on your preferred order quantities and product type, will determine where we place it.Once samples are received, we can set up a call/skype/meeting to go over everything. Initial samples are normally made in available fabric (as close as possible to your chosen fabric) and are made to comment on fit, construction, logo placement etc. If you have any reference samples you would like to work from, we can send these to the factory to match for fit, fabric, construction etc.OrderOnce comments have been made, we would look at placing an order. MOQs per style, per colour start at 100pcs, dependant of fabric, therefore if you have 2 t shirts with the same design, but different coloured fabrics, it would be 100pcs in each colour way. Within this MOQ, you can have up to 4 sizes. Should you require more than 300pcs, per style, per colour, you can have up to 6 sizes.50% deposit is required upon placing an order, and the factory will order in bulk fabric, and start developing your label sand trims.The next sample you will receive is a PP sample. This should be a representation of your bulk production, taking into account any comments made on initial samples.You'll comment/approve these, before they move into bulk production.Lastly, you’ll receive shipment samples, which is pulled from your bulk production once your goods are finished and ready to ship.ShipmentUpon shipment, the remaining 50% of your order is paid, along with freight, VAT and duties.Freight can come in either by air, 3-4 days, or by boat, 30 days.Hope this helps, and gives you some idea on working out your budget.Look forward to hearing from you, and should the above be of interest, we can set up a call to discuss further.Please see below the link to book an initial consultation over the phone.https://ragsourcing.simplybook.it/Kind regardsRag SourcingOn 23 Mar 2022, at 09:18, Tom Pugsley <tombpugsley@gmail.com> wrote:Hi Stewart,  Apologies for the Late Response, I had to temporarily put things on hold. I have Managed to Officially set up my clothing business now so looking to go full steam ahead with trying to get samples/prices etc. Obviously I spoke with you guys on the phone and it seemed like you were able to recreate the exact top I'm looking for. Moreover as the business grows I would definitely be looking to expand my products/inventory.What’re the next steps we should take? As mentioned in our Chat I do have the Top I'm looking to manufacture at home so let me know your thought.Thanks for your PatienceTom On Wed, Jan 26, 2022 at 1:20 PM Rag-Sourcing - Info <info@rag-sourcing.com> wrote:Kind regards, Stewart Dean  M: 07534475636Rag-SourcingE: info@rag-sourcing.comA: Sherwood House, Southwick St, Southwick, West Sussex, BN42 4TE. United KingdomW: www.rag-sourcing.com   The contents of this email and any attachments are confidential and are intended solely for the use of the intended recipient. The information in this email may not be used, copied or disclosed by any person other than the intended recipient. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact us quoting the name of the sender and delete the message from your system Please note that we do not accept any responsibility for viruses and it is your responsibility to scan the email and any attachments. No contracts may be concluded by us via email. Rag-Sourcing is a trading name of R Sourcing Ltd. R Sourcing Ltd. is part of the R International Ltd. group of companies. Copyright & intellectual property remain the property of R Sourcing Ltd. Risk of Goods passes to the buyer on delivery. Title of Goods remains the property of R Sourcing Ltd. until invoice (including interest and costs) has been paid for in full (for the avoidance of doubt, this is a basic ROT clause). Until title passes the Buyer shall hold the Goods as bailee and shall store and mark them so they can, at all times, be identified as the property of R Sourcing Ltd. In the event the invoice is unpaid, R Sourcing Ltd. reserves the right to repossess, dismantle and use or sell any of the Goods. R Sourcing Ltd. also reserves the right to sell the Goods to any third party of their choice without causing any trademark, copyright, intellectual property, regional, good will or any other infringement. Failure to settle invoice within terms will result in interest incurred on overdue invoices at the rate of 8.5% per annum above Bank of England base rate. Failure to settle invoice will result in legal action. Nothing in these Conditions shall limit the full Terms and Conditions of Sale of Goods. R Sourcing Ltd. Rag-Retail / Rag-Sourcing / Rag-Creative / Rag-Wholesale / Thomas Gun / Scar Tissue / U&I Original / Avid&Co Company Reg: 11278966 Rag-SourcingE: info@rag-sourcing.comA: Sherwood House, Southwick St, Southwick, West Sussex, BN42 4TE. United KingdomW: www.rag-sourcing.com   The contents of this email and any attachments are confidential and are intended solely for the use of the intended recipient. The information in this email may not be used, copied or disclosed by any person other than the intended recipient. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact us quoting the name of the sender and delete the message from your system Please note that we do not accept any responsibility for viruses and it is your responsibility to scan the email and any attachments. No contracts may be concluded by us via email. Rag-Sourcing is a trading name of R Sourcing Ltd. R Sourcing Ltd. is part of the R International Ltd. group of companies. Copyright & intellectual property remain the property of R Sourcing Ltd. Risk of Goods passes to the buyer on delivery. Title of Goods remains the property of R Sourcing Ltd. until invoice (including interest and costs) has been paid for in full (for the avoidance of doubt, this is a basic ROT clause). Until title passes the Buyer shall hold the Goods as bailee and shall store and mark them so they can, at all times, be identified as the property of R Sourcing Ltd. In the event the invoice is unpaid, R Sourcing Ltd. reserves the right to repossess, dismantle and use or sell any of the Goods. R Sourcing Ltd. also reserves the right to sell the Goods to any third party of their choice without causing any trademark, copyright, intellectual property, regional, good will or any other infringement. Failure to settle invoice within terms will result in interest incurred on overdue invoices at the rate of 8.5% per annum above Bank of England base rate. Failure to settle invoice will result in legal action. Nothing in these Conditions shall limit the full Terms and Conditions of Sale of Goods. R Sourcing Ltd. Rag-Retail / Rag-Sourcing / Rag-Creative / Rag-Wholesale / Thomas Gun / Scar Tissue / U&I Original / Avid&Co Company Reg: 11278966

The output I’m trying to get to is:

Hi there, Would it be possible to Discuss all of this over a Phone call or zoom call? That way we can discuss what I’m after and what steps I need to take next? Obviously I understand the process may take weeks/months to finalise so the sooner I start the better really. I’ve spoke to the Company that actually produced the T-Shirt that I was after but to be honest they are being very unhelpful and rude basically. So hopefully I have more luck with your team. Many thanks, Tom

I want to remove all text after:

On Wed, 23 Mar 2022 at 11:36, Rag-Sourcing - Info <info@rag-sourcing.com> wrote:

However this text string always changes based on the day, date & time of the email thread.

I’ve tried (& failed) to use the zapier split text formatter with the ‘separator’:

On(.*)wrote:

I was trying the use the “(.*)” to account for the variable text in the string, but this doesn’t work.

Does anyone have any suggestions please?

Thanks

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Matthew_Salter 

Good question.

Try this JavaScript Code step: https://zapier.com/apps/code/help

let Body = inputData.Body.split(/On(.*)wrote:/g)[0]; output = [{Body}];

CONFIG

RESULTS

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey @Matthew_Salter!

What happens when you try to use the split text action? Have you tried with just the word “wrote:” rather than “On(.*)wrote:”? Curious to see what might be happening here!