Best answer

Quickbooks Custom Field values not accessible

• 9 December 2020
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1

This has nothing to do with Line, and we’re not sure why “Line” was added to our posting title?

We’re trying to fetch a QuickBooks custom field VALUE located on an Invoice, and pass it to the next action.

We don’t see any Custom Field values.  We only see the ID, Name, and Type.

We’re looking for “Custom Field String Value” but we don’t see it in the list

See screenshot below

icon

Best answer by Liz_Roberts 4 March 2021, 02:05

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Check the data points returned from the QBO trigger step.

If you can find the data point you’re looking for in the trigger step, then make sure you’re searching/scrolling for the same named field in the Filter step of the Zap.

Userlevel 1

In Quickbooks, the custom field is named Sales Rep and has a value of “AAA”

On the ZAP trigger step, I see the custom fields, but there are no VALUEs on the custom fields.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Did you try searching for “AAA” on the returned trigger data points to see if there is another field that contains the desired data?

Userlevel 1

For the benefit of others:

I’m using a free plan which has a 15 minute delay when fetching data from the source.

It appears that I was observing a stale value of NULL.

The Custom Field String Value did not appear in the list when containing a NULL value.

The Custom Field String Value does appear in the list when the value is NON NULL.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@TPECorp circling back I see that you were able to connect with Support on this and they provided the below workaround and have added you to a Quickbooks feature request. Sharing below to assist other folks:

Workaround:
1. Create invoice that has values in the custom fields
2. Add Find Invoice step as step #2
3. Map the Custom Field String Value field to their paths steps