Best answer

Publish Alexa skill in Spanish

• 28 March 2023
  • 4 replies

Zapier Alexa skill is not available on Spanish.

I can't do any home automation :(

icon

Best answer by christina.d 28 March 2023, 01:06

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hi @amontero 

I'm sorry to hear that you are having trouble with Alexa.

The solution that you can use is by adding the Translate by Zapier app after the Amazon Alexa trigger step. In this case, Translate by Zapier can translate your phrase before it goes to the action step.

Hopefully, this helps!

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey there, @amontero! Thanks for reaching out and sharing that feedback.

I took a quick peek and you’re right Alexa Spanish isn’t supported at the moment. 😔 That said, while I don’t have an ETA on when or if this will be implemented I did add your vote to an existing feature request! This is the best way to stay informed if anything changes as we'll email you if this does go live.
There’s also a main thread where we’ll be sure to announce any changes:

In the meantime, @Brem did share that workaround that might be worth giving a shot! :

Sorry to not have better news here but definitely appreciate you flagging this in community! Keep us posted if that workaround does the trick for you. 🙂

Thanks @christina.d and @Brem.

@Brem I can't see how the solution you propose will enable me to install the Alexa skill in my devices, since I can't see it in my country's skills marketplace. As far as I understand, I need the skill to get installed first, for any trigger from Alexa to run (unless I'm missing something).

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hey there @amontero,

You’re correct. I’m so sorry for the confusion. 

For now, the only solution here is to wait for the feature to be implemented. I’m afraid we can’t give you an ETA on when the feature will get implemented, but we will let you know via Email!

Thanks! 😊