Question

processing information in intervals

• 22 February 2023
  • 3 replies

Hello,

I have rin in a bit of a snag and am having issues working around it. I have a lot of data going to a Google sheet, and what I would like to do is break up the data into blocks and send a block every 10 minutes. I was thinking of using digest by zapier and delay after queue to do this, but I am having trouble separating the information out from the digest into individual data sets again. I ultimately need the data to end up on a spreadsheet again, but I'm having a lot of trouble making that happen. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thank you,

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @Dhk0301SE! Can I ask which apps you are using. Is it Google Sheet to Google Sheet or are you moving from Google Sheet to Excel/Another Spreadsheet app? 

Additionally, can you please provide more insight on where you are running into trouble. Are you receiving any error messages? 

Hello @chanelle, thank you for responding. I am not particularly attached to any way of doing this, but essentially I have gigantic lists of items that I was thinking of adding to a google sheet, but we wouldn’t want 10000 zaps to fire at once. The goal is to have some sort of situation where I can add a huge amount of data, break that up, and deliver it to another spreadsheet at regular intervals.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey there @Dhk0301SE

I wonder if you could use our Transfer feature for this. It would allow you to do bulk transfers of data between two apps on a one-off or regular basis. You can find out more about Transfer here: Bulk import data into apps with Transfer

Please do take a look through that guide and let us know whether you think Transfer will work for your needs here. 🙂