Best answer

Processing fee missing from Shopify

• 15 March 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1

Guys… i’m new to Zapier, and i have a problem finding what field from shopify should i connect with Payment processing fee amount in Wave. My website uses Shopify payments. 

On my other website that is using Stripe this is straightforward.

If anyone can help, i’d really appreciate it.

icon

Best answer by SamB 15 March 2023, 12:41

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi there, @Leo1603!

I did some checking and it looks like the Shopify app doesn’t receive details about the processing fee for new orders. There’s a feature request open to have the processing fee amount available for new orders so I’ve submitted your vote for that to be added. That’ll allow us to notify you as soon as that field becomes available in the Shopify app. 

In the meantime, that would mean that you wouldn't be able to use the "Payment Processing Fee Account" or "Payment Processing Fee Amount" fields for any Shopify + Wave Zaps. 

As a workaround, maybe you could trigger from the order email notifications from Shopify instead (assuming that they would contain all the necessary information including the processing fee). In order to do that you’d want to using an email parsing app like Email Parser as the trigger for the Zap. If you’ve not used that app before you can find out more about how to use it here: Trigger Zaps from new parsed emails

Hope that helps! 🙂

Userlevel 1

This is how order notice email looks like, processing fee is not shown.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hey @Leo1603,

I’m sorry to hear that the workaround provided by my teammate didn’t work for you. At this point, waiting for the feature request get shipped is the only solution here. Rest assured that we will contact you via email once the feature request gets added! 😊