Question

Problem finding a Hubspot contacts email

• 7 September 2021
  • 3 replies

Hi, I’m new in Zapier and I’m trying to send an email to a Hubspot contact when its stage is changed.

In this case, the trigger should be “New deal in stage”(I think). And in Set up action I chose to send the email by Zapier and in the action event Send Outbound Email but i can’t find the Hubspot contacts email information (attached image).

Am I doing it right? I’m doing this so when I change the contacts stage I can ask it how the previous stage was. 

I hope I’ve expressed myself well, thanks in advance

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @scioffi96 

Check to see if the Contact ID or other Contact data points are returned by searching for “contact”.

If only the Contact ID is returned (indicating the Deal is linked to a Contact), then you can add a HubSpot Find Contact step in your Zap to get the details of the Contact.

a

Hi @scioffi96 

Check to see if the Contact ID or other Contact data points are returned by searching for “contact”.

If only the Contact ID is returned (indicating the Deal is linked to a Contact), then you can add a HubSpot Find Contact step in your Zap to get the details of the Contact.

Thanks for answering! Unfortunately I haven’t yet been able to solve the problem I have with the solution you gave me. 

Maybe I didn’t express myself well or I’m complicating things. This is what I want to do:

When a new deal arrives to a particular stage I want to send an email to the contact of that deal.

I did the following steps:
1. New deal in stage in Hubspot. (I tested it and it works well)
2.  Send Outbound Email: I am able to send an email to myself, but I want to send it to the contact of the deal.
And I tried adding “Find contact” between those steps but after Find contact a new contact was added in Hubspot, and I dont need that.