Question

Post message to Slack Channel with custom Channel Name from HubSpot Ticket Field

• 13 August 2020
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1

I would like to send a message to a slack channel, when a ticket is created in HubSpot.

On the HubSpot ticket I added a field called “Slack Channel” and added the name of the slack channel associated with this ticket/customer.

When creating the Zap, in the step “Customize Channel Message” in the field “Channel” I have the option to choose a “Custom” channel. This is what I want.

But I can not see my field “Slack Channel” there in the available fields from the HubSpot ticket. There is a field that I can choose in Zapier that is called “1. Property String“, which sounds good, because I would like to use the string from the field “Slack Channel” but if I choose it, I can’t define which field from HubSpot ticket to use.

Any idea, how I can use the string from the HubSpot ticket field “Slack Channel” as custom value for the Slack channel name to post in?

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 1

This is the step where I’m stuck, and where I would like to choose the field “Slack Channel”:

This is what I would like to do but don’t know how:

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi there @Gonnado - Can you use the “Search” field in your Custom tab to see if that field exists? Let me know!