Best answer

Possible to trigger Zap for live stream and switch on camera automatically?

• 2 September 2021
  • 1 reply

Hello All,

Our goal is to live stream products while they are being produced. So based on certain trigger, we would like to privately live broadcast (maybe in zoom) the product being produced where the customer can watch their own product being built/customized. The trigger part as well as setting up a zoom meeting and send notification to the correct customer is all straight forward. My question is how can we automate the process where the Camera lets say its a go pro can turn on on the production workstation this way when the customer log onto the meeting can see the product being built. I tried to search for software or a way to control a camera being turned on but couldnt. Also is there a better way of doing this than using zoom meetings? 

icon

Best answer by SamB 6 September 2021, 12:14

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Welcome to the Community, @ZappyZappo! :)

I’ve been looking into this and it appears that with Zoom it’s possible to livestream meetings automatically to YouTube: Live streaming meetings or webinars on YouTube 

And it seems like you should be able to tweak the permissions for live streaming sessions on YouTube to be private: Manage live stream settings > Privacy

I’m not seeing any current integrations that would specifically allow you to start a camera recording though. 

That said, in theory, if you were able to connect the camera to an Amazon Alexa or Google Assistant device and were able to set up a voice activation to start the recording. You could then have a Zap trigger when it starts and create to meeting in Zoom which then gets live streamed to YouTube automatically. I can’t guarantee that it would work as I’ve not tested it out myself but it may be something worth exploring!