Best answer

Possible to trigger when QuickBooks Chart of Accounts and Vendors are updated?

• 13 August 2021
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1

Is there a way to have Chart of Accounts and Vendors on Quickbooks be triggered on an update instead of only a creation? From the testing I’ve done, it seems like only creations set off the trigger

icon

Best answer by SamB 16 August 2021, 16:47

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @Jon Murphy, welcome to the Community! 

I’m not seeing any triggers relating to new or updated chart of accounts with the QuickBooks Online integration. So it doesn’t look like it’s currently possible unfortunately. I’d recommend reaching out to our Support Team about this so that they can open up a new feature request for this. The best way to reach them is by using the Get Help form.

With the updated vendors, we do have an existing feature request for the ability to have an Updated Vendor trigger added, so I’ve added your vote for that. I don’t have an ETA on when that might become available but we’ll definitely email you as soon as it’s added! :) 

Userlevel 1

Hi @SamB ,

I appreciate you following up. I’m looking into creating a custom Integration for our QuickBooks environment. I believe this will be necessary regardless because our environment has custom fields we need to include in our integration.

Is there anyone on your team I can reach out to at Zapier to assist my team in getting similar functionality to what’s in the Out of the Box Quickbooks triggers/actions?

Thank you!

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Ah I see! Thanks for clarifying that, @Jon Murphy :)

Hmm, I think helping you to recreate the existing functionality of the current QuickBooks integration is going to be a bit beyond the scope of what our Support and Community teams can assist with.

That said, we do have Zapier Experts that you could hire to help build it. And you can also post in the Hire a Pro section in Community to see if anyone is able to help with that.