Best answer

Possible to move Google Drive folder?

• 12 August 2021
  • 6 replies

Hi all!

New to Zapier, really like what I’m seeing.

I’m looking for a way to move google drive folders. I see it’s not an option yet.

Wondering if anyone has a work around or suggestion on how to make what I need happen.

I use pipedrive crm and when a new deal is added it triggers the google drive action of creating a folder with the deal id - customer name for structure. I have been doing this manually for about 7 years. Earlier this year I started having power automate from Microsoft do it automatically and was the best thing since sliced bread.

Now I’m seeing zapier is much more powerful for my other apps and I’m switching.

So on to my question.

I have all my deals organized in folders by the year. So each year the folder has about 300 sub folders for each deal that came my way. Not all sell and I mark them lost in my pipedrive crm.

I would like when I mark the deal lost in pipedrive it moves that deals folder to an archive. 

This way in my sales folder it only stays with either active or won jobs.

Hope that makes sense. Anyone got any suggestions?

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 12 August 2021, 21:12

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @jbuesking 

I just tested and I was able to use the GDrive Move File action to also move a folder using Folder ID as the File ID.

NOTE: This trick also works with Dropbox Move File action to move a Dropbox Folder.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

cc: @HGW See above.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

cc: @ykim See above.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

cc: @nicksimard See above trick for moving GDrive Folders.

Userlevel 2

Troy

Thank you so much.  It is working like a champ.  WuHooooo!!!

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey everyone!

This relates to an existing feature request for a Move Folder action to be added to the Google Drive integration. This was also discussed here: 

@jbuesking I’ve added your vote to that feature request. While I don’t have an ETA on when that would be added, we will notify you by email and post an update in the thread here as soon as it is.

In the meantime, Troy’s suggestion of using the Move File action and supplying the Folder ID instead of a File ID seems like a good workaround to use in the meantime! :)