Question

Populating Formstack from Google Sheets

• 11 June 2020
  • 1 reply

We have a formstack form that is filled out, it then pushes the info to a google sheet, later we need to be able to search that google sheet and use a specific entry to populate another formstack form. Is that possible? I see that there is an option to submit a formstack form, but I need it to just populate the form without submitting so that we can add/change information as needed. 

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @ebadger - Thanks for writing to us! Glad to be of help here.

It sounds like you’d need two separate Zaps made. The first one seems like it would work out as:

1. Formstack “New Submission” as the trigger
  2. Updates Google Sheet as an action

However, for your Zap 2, you’d need to specify a trigger. I understand that you wish to have the action be “Create Submission” but it needs to have a trigger like possible a tag or label in Google Sheets to activate the Zap. I’m unfamiliar with the functions of Formstack so it could be possible if you have forms that are created as drafts for you to check it before you proceed. However, I’m not seeing that as an action at this moment so if you’d like, I may add you to the feature request list that we have to request such a function to be built. Let us know!