Best answer

Paths - limited to 5?

• 11 January 2023
  • 2 replies

So this seems odd. I am trying to use Paths to help route data to a specific field in Airtable. It is limiting me to only 5 paths… It Goes A - B - C - D - E.  It says I reached the limit. This seems like a huge design flaw if that it the case. Is there plans to make it unlimited?

icon

Best answer by Danvers 12 January 2023, 11:06

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @thatkidrich 

Good question.

Better Zap design might be to use the concept of a Lookup Table to make the Zap dynamic.

Perhaps you can outline your use case in more detail in order for us to have proper context about what you are trying to configure in the Zap.

FYI: You can add up to 5 paths in your Zap, and up to 3 nested paths (paths within a path).

https://help.zapier.com/hc/en-us/articles/8496288555917-Add-branching-logic-to-Zaps-with-paths#3-test-your-path-rule-s--0-2

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @thatkidrich!

There are a couple of options, let’s see if we can find one that’s gonna hit the sweet spot for you. 

If you only need the paths to change which field in Airtable information should be added to and if there aren’t many other fields in the table then a Lookup table may be the best option; you’d only need to set up one Formatter step as opposed to multiple paths. 

Alternatively, if you need more than 5 paths I recommend reaching out to the Support Team as under some circumstances they can increase that number to 10. You can get in touch with them using the Get Help form. Also, as Troy pointed out, you can ‘nest’ paths to create more ‘branches’ (logic conditions) though this wont work for all cases. 

​I hope that helps, please let us know if you have any questions!