Best answer

Outlook emails not sent

• 10 December 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Anyone come across an issue where Zapier shows your zap runs succesfully, the log shows the email was sent - however the recipient doesn’t receive the email and it doesn’t show in the sent items of the email account (ie; not sent)?

Zap has been working fine for months.

App is connected properly.

Email account is working, tested.

icon

Best answer by SamB 21 January 2022, 11:33

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Buttonjer 

Check to make sure the correct Outlook app account is being used by the Zap step.

Sending emails can depend on certain factors such as sending rules for the FROM email address, receiving rules for the TO email address, spam filters for the email service providers, etc.

Might be worth opening a ticket with Zapier Support for further assistance: https://zapier.com/app/get-help

Was there any conclusion on this? This is also happening to me. Zap shows success, everything looks as expected. Tested email connection to zapier, etc - still nothing in sent mail when this zap has been working for months. 

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Was there any conclusion on this? This is also happening to me. Zap shows success, everything looks as expected. Tested email connection to zapier, etc - still nothing in sent mail when this zap has been working for months. 

Nope, nothing - I have chased it up a few times with support but am just told each time that I will be notified when they have an update.

Has been over a month, it’s scary to think zaps can show as succesful but not work, it’s has made me a lose a little trust in the process. I have a backstop Zap setup to let me know if any of my 300 zaps fail for any reason but because the Outlook one is showing as success, I am not notified that it doesn’t work.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey there @Buttonjer and @DanSeiders!

I’m so sorry you’re both running into that issue here. :(

@DanSeiders, I’ve added you to the list of affected users on the bug report that @Buttonjer was added to by our Support team. I can’t make any promises as to when this will be resolved but we’ll be sure to update you both by email once it’s been fixed.

In the meantime, it may be worth using a different email app to send out the emails from your Zaps instead? If you do want to try that, I’d recommend making a copy of the original Zap first, before switching it to use a different app though.