We’ve been using Zapier for a quite some time for transferring data from Asana to Google Sheets. The process is simple. We’ve got several projects: one project for one legal entity. We also configured two ZAPs fro each project:
- New Row - this Zap adds a new row to a Google Sheet when there is a new task added to the project
- Update Row - this Zap takes ID of the task, looks through the column with IDs on a specific Google Sheet (the one, where first Zap pastes the data), identifies required row and updates it every time the task itself is being updated.
The process is very simple and straightforward. Today for some reason all our “New row” tasks for 5 projects stopped working all at once. At the same time we literally did not change a thing!
In order to fix the problem we tired the following:
- Log out and log in: Zapier, Asana, Gmail
- Test trigger and test action for each “New row” Zap - everything works fine. Trigger says “we found a task!” and Action successfully adds a new row to the spreadsheet. But when we just add a task in Asana as we used to - nothing happens. Google Sheet remains unchanged.
- We tried to test connection of our Zapier account with Asana and Google Sheets and reconnect as well. Did not help.
- We created a new Zap and a new Google Sheet in order to check whether they are going to work or not. Situation is the same as in p.2. Everything seems fine but does not work.
Interesting thing is that “Update row” works perfectly fine. At the same time it keeps saying that there is a mistake since this Zap tries to update a row, but can’t find via ID it since a task with this ID has not been added to the spreadsheet yet.
We do not know what to do. These Zaps are crucial for our business processes. Please help!
Best answer by Troy TessaloneView original