Question

New email trigger in Outlook - constantly firing even when moved or deleted

• 26 October 2023
  • 11 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Hi,

I have a zap that triggers with a new email in the Outlook inbox that meets certain criteria. However after I delete or move the email to a different folder, the zap fires up again. I would really appreciate some advice on this.

Thanks!

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @ASAoperations 

Good question.

We would need to see detailed screenshots with how your Zap steps are configured along with examples of Zap Runs as proof.

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

This post has been edited by a moderator to remove personal information. Please remember that this is a public forum and to remove any sensitive information prior to posting.

Hi @Troy Tessalone,

Please see screenshots below.

1. Zap fired at 2023-10-25 15:32:50 when email entered the inbox.

2. Zap fired again at 2023-10-26 09:52:59 when email was deleted - it seems to trigger as a new email entered the ‘deleted’ folder

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@ASAoperations 

We would need to screenshots with how your Zap steps are configured.

It would be helpful to provide this info upfront as part of the initial post.

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Hi @Troy Tessalone,

screenshots of the trigger step:

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@ASAoperations 

Were there replies to the email thread?

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Hi @Troy Tessalone,

There’re no replies to these emails. They are notifications of new event tickets sold.

Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@ASAoperations 

You can try adding a Filter to the Zap to prevent emails from triggering from the “Deleted” Folder.

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Hi @Troy Tessalone 

I’ve added a filter of the parent folder ID, which is the ID of the inbox folder, but it’s still firing after the email deleted.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@ASAoperations 

A Zap run firing and Zap Run being filtered are different.

Check your Zap Runs to see the DATA IN/OUT for each Zap step to help you troubleshoot.

https://zapier.com/app/history/

I’m having the same issue, was there a solution?

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Hi @Bizstats,

I archive the emails instead of deleting them and it seems to work. You’ll still need a filter of the parent folder ID as in my screenshot above.