Question

Need to update partially blank row in Google Sheets with info from Facebook Leads

• 5 January 2023
  • 5 replies

Hello, we have Zapier connected to Facebook Ads and Google Sheets, and they generally work fine on blank Spreadsheets, however, the Spreadsheet we use to capture the Lead data have some columns programmed to show the Phone Number in a clean format (Column I) or to show if the Lead information is repeated (Column J).

Due to this, whenever the Zap is triggered it creates a row at the very bottom of the Sheet instead of updating whichever row has blank space with the excepction of Column I and J.

Which would be the best way to automate the Lead Info download into this spreadsheet?

Thanks in advance!

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Ideal Contact Center 

Good question.

I’d recommend using Airtable instead of GSheets to avoid this issue.

Airtable has Formula fields.

The formula will be applied to all records/rows.

Otherwise you can use ARRAY FORMULAS in the GSheet, which is an advanced approached.

Not really sure the team want to change to Airtables, they are kind of married to Google Workspace. Let me see if there is a way they know how to us Array.

Actually, I am seen that ARRAY FORMULA is the one causing all this trouble. So that is not working.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Ideal Contact Center