Best answer

Need Help Connecting RingCentral and Hubspot (details below)

• 18 May 2020
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1

All, My company is trying to integrate RingCentral and Hubspot in the following way:

When RingCentral records a call, I would like to create a note engagement in Hubspot with a link to the call recording. I would like this note engagement to be associated with the phone numbers involved in the call.

The end goal is to be able to access the call recordings (or links to the call recordings) directly from our Hubspot contacts list.

The catch is that I work for a small company with no experts on Zapier, and my boss has no interest in paying me (or anyone else) to become an expert. Can someone please provide step by step instructions as to how we could set this up so that it works reliably? I’ve already searched for articles on this and have found tips, but no step-by-step instructions.

Thanks in advance and God bless!

icon

Best answer by nicksimard 20 May 2020, 00:12

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @CoreyHonegger! Welcome to the Zapier Community :)

Here’s how you could accomplish that:

Trigger: RingCentral — New Call Recording
Action: HubSpot — Find Contact (use the To Phone Number in your query)
Action: HubSpot — Create Engagement (map the email address field from your search step)

HubSpot — Find Contact

HubSpot — Create Engagement

For some of those other required fields, I’m honestly not 100% sure what hubSpot expects there (like the 2 Identifier fields). Since the calls won’t be made in HubSpot, I think you could probably use something like this:

Question: will these always be outbound phone calls, or can they sometimes be inbound as well?

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @CoreyHonegger! Did Nick’s suggestion help you to figure this one out? I’d love to hear if you were able to set up a Zap that helped you in this case 🙂